Since its inception in 1985, St. Matthew's Music Guild has held its concerts in St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Pacific Palisades, located at 1031 Bienveneda Avenue.
The church is the second to stand on the 30-acre wooded Las Pulgas Canyon property and was completed in 1983 following the destruction of the previous building in the 1978 Brentwood-Malibu fires.
The building, by Architect Moore Ruble Yudell was hailed as a landmark within the architectural community and was featured on the cover of "Architectural Digest" in 1984.
From the outset, a high priority for the building was music and the parish has been a welcoming and supportive partner for the Music Guild throughout their more than 25 year history.
With its lively and reverberant acoustic, warm and inviting interior, large parking lot and expansive patio condusive to conversation during intermission, the church is the perfect venue for concerts.